In this tutorial, you’ll learn the basics of WordPress SEO and how to use its built-in features in combination with the Yoast SEO plugin.
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) which was commonly used as a blogging platform. But it has developed into much more than that.
It is now used by millions to create all sorts of websites from ecommerce websites to business websites and more.
WordPress SEO is no different than just regular search engine optimization. WordPress is a tool that makes traditional SEO techniques and strategies easier to implement and technically sound.
In this tutorial you’ll learn:
1. How to choose a WordPress theme without compromising technical SEO.
Here at Evans Design we recommend Avada for several reasons not the least of which it is mobile friendly and it gives you the ability to turn off all of the third-party scripts that you don’t use.
2. Whether you should choose HTTP or HTTPS as well as www vs. non-www versions.
You should choose HTTPS because it is a ranking factor with Google as it is seen as improved user experience.
3. The “optimal” permalink structure and how to set it up.
4. Basic plugin configuration for Yoast SEO.
5. The difference between posts and pages.
6. What the title and custom URL features mean from an SEO perspective.
7. On-page optimization best practices with the WYSIWYG editor
8. On-post/page Yoast SEO settings.
9. Using pages to manipulate your URL structure.
Local Business Schema
SEO 101: https://ahrefs.com/blog/wordpress-seo/
Title Tags: How to Write the Perfect Title Tag to Increase Your Click Through Rate (CTR) https://youtu.be/jqEoZsIOrYw