Keep Your Growing Artist Engaged with a Digital Drawing Tablet
It’s Hard to be Creative With a Mouse
Because I’m a graphic designer with an art degree and four kids, everyone I know or meet only asks me one of two questions:
- How do I fix this computer problem?
- What’s the best way to keep my kid interested and engaged in art?
I’m writing these answers down so I can just refer people to them from now on.
- I don’t know but I hear kicking it usually works.
- Give them good stuff and freedom. Not restaurant crayons and a napkin. Good stuff like a Wacom Intuos Digital Drawing Tablet for $70.
What’s so great about it?
First of all, it’s a $262 value for $70.
Who did what now?
That’s right. Every Wacom Intuos comes with 3 bonus software titles when you register your product:
- Corel Painter Essentials 6 for painting and drawing – a $37 value
- Corel Aftershot Pro 3 for photo editing – a $55 value
- Clip Studio Paint Pro 2 Year License for comic, manga and anime style illustration – a $100 value ($50/yr x 2 years = $100)
Those are legit, too. Wacom, Corel and Clip Studio are industry standards and as an industry guy I can tell you they are absolutely worth knowing.
But wait, there’s more!
You’re a good parent and probably realize that art helps brains develop and benefits children in a lot of ways. The great thing about a digital tool like a Wacom tablet is there aren’t supplies you have to keep buying so your child can keep creating. All you have to do is pay your power bill.
Since this is a digital tool it is a great gift for an artist at any age or skill level. It’s a life-long activity that will adapt to how they use it and because it’s a marketable skill they could turn into a career.
No More Supplies
Marketable Skill, Possible Career
It’s easy on you, Big Dog.
Chances are you’ve got a working computer laying around that your kid can use. If not, you’ve either know someone that does or you’ve got an older relative thinking about ways to get into heaven.
It doesn’t have to be fancy, it just needs to be able to run a recent version of a Windows or Mac operating system. This Wacom tablet is a lot like a mouse so it shouldn’t intimidate you.
On top of that, products from established companies usually come with tons of excellent tutorials. Guess what? Since this Wacom tablet is bundled with software from Corel and Clip Studio your artist will have 3 times the resources with tons of tutorials for every level and style.