5 Digital Marketing Trends Transforming the Industry

Digital marketing has revolutionized the way we attract, acquire, and retain customers. Here are 5 marketing trends transforming the industry right now.

It seemed so easy for a while there, didn’t it? You’d set up a Facebook page, get some organic followers and it no time your products and services spread like wildfire through the social media platform.

Alright, maybe things were never that straightforward, but it does speak to a time when anyone could make a huge impact virally with little effort. However, as it goes, more and more people took notice. Soon everyone with a brand was fighting for the same bandwidth.

As the technology develops and users’ expectations grow more sophisticated, digital marketers need to continue to learn new approaches to stay relevant. What worked only two years ago can now leave you in the digital dust. 2017 promises to offer even more advancements. You would do well to understand the changes taking place and how to use them to your benefit.

Let’s take a look at the five biggest marketing trends transforming the industry.

On the Go

Smartphones have now replaced conventional computers and laptops as most people’s go-to device. The convenience and ease of online access regardless of location offer an inarguable benefit that isn’t available elsewhere.

With that go the eyeballs. If you want to target your audience you have to follow them where they go. It’s no longer enough to build a website with a mobile option. Mobile apps are in constant competition with mobile web pages.

That means you must have both.

To choose one over the other is to risk losing half your potential market.

The Big Two

Since the dawn of the web, there has been a near-unlimited number of places to advertise your wares. That number is decreasing greatly.

In 2017, 90% of growth is happening through either Google or Facebook. And that’s it. You don’t want to ignore the other 10%, but it’d be foolish not to recognize the value and reach offered by the two Internet behemoths.

Learn how to best work within their frameworks. Put it in practice and refine.

The Importance of Influencers

With Facebook and Google as your two primary markets, it’s never been more important to have the support of social influencers.

These high-profile accounts have the social power to cut through the noise and reach a dedicated group of users. With recommendations becoming more and more valued, they have the power to raise your brand above the crowd.

Learn the big names in your related field and reach out to them. If you can sell them on your products, you’re selling to thousands to millions more.

Understand the Algorithm

Another important step in navigating the digital clutter is to understand how Google and Facebook’s algorithms work.

These algorithms are the math behind how content is brought to you. By parsing your habits, interests, and information, content providers can navigate the digital marketplace and find the audience you need.

Understanding how to speak to the algorithm is the difference between bringing your message to someone who needs it versus someone looking for cat videos.

Paid Digital Marketing

There was a time when the right products and services alone could create success, but paid marketing is regaining importance.

The big online platforms know the power they wield. By buying into their advertising platforms you can have a head-start on benefiting from their algorithms. You may not have to spend much but you must spend smart. The better you understand your audience, the further your money will go.

Marketing Trends Evolving

This is where we are in 2017. As developers continue to refine their processes and as tools like artificial intelligence become more prominent the avenues available for digital marketing will continue to grow. Understanding the current marketing trends will prepare you for changes in the digital world.

If you have any questions or want some advice, we’re always here to help.

Ready for an awesome new website?

We’re ready to talk. Tell us a little about you and your business and we’ll reach out to get your project started.